My oldest daughter, Lilly, has recently developed an obsession with How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Somehow, she’d never seen the movie before this year — I’ve clearly failed as a parent in that regard — and it’s been all Grinch all the time since she discovered Who-Ville.
She even got lucky enough to meet The Grinch himself at our local holiday walk — I’ll let her expression speak for itself.
We had a dreary December day today, so the girls and I took my holiday cocktail series a bit off course with this Grinch-inspired hot chocolate.
They loved it (we made a second batch), and I’m sure it will become a Christmas movie night tradition in our house. I hope your family’s hearts grow three sizes while you make it together!
“Grinch Hot Chocolate” Recipe
What You Need (for 2 servings):
- 2 c. milk
- Approx. 1/4 c. white chocolate chips, like Nestle Tollhouse
- Green food coloring
- Whipped topping, optional
- Sprinkles, optional
What You Do:
- Heat 2 cups of milk and about 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a small saucepan on medium-low heat, until chocolate is melted. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove pan from heat, add food coloring until your desired “Grinch Green” is achieved.
- Pour into glasses or mugs, top with whipped cream and sprinkles, and enjoy!
Pro tip: For a “naughty list” grown-up version of the drink, add a shot of Smirnoff Peppermint Twist!
More on How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The original animated version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) is currently streaming on Peacock. You can also rent or purchase a digital copy of this version on Prime Video or YouTube.
The 2000 live-action Jim Carrey version of Dr. Seuss’s classic tale is available on HBO Max. You can also rent or purchase a digital copy of this version on YouTube, Google Play, Apple TV, Redbox, Vudu, or Prime Video.
Tell me in the comments if you’d like to see more kids’ holiday drinks in the future!
You Might Also Enjoy: